Chronic liver disease does not manifest itself until significant amount of liver damage has occurred. This is because the liver has tremendous amount of reserve to compensate for continued injury before cirrhosis or permanent scarring ocurrs.
Routine screening of liver function will allow the early detection of any problems with the liver that maybe dormant and brewing.
The Liver function test consists of the following.
1. Total protein
3. Aspartate Aminotransferse (AST/SGOT)
4. Alanine Aminotransferase (ALT/SGPT)
5. Total Bilirubin
6. Indirect Bilirubin
1.If you never had a blood test evaluating your liver function
2. If you have been to areas of the world where infections of the liver with Hepatitis B and or Hepatitis C are common.
3. If you have a history of heavy alcohol use
4. If you previously used Intravenous drugs or had blood transfusion in the U.S. prior to 1992
5. If you were treated outside the U.S. and received a blood transfusion or any Intravenous medications and or injections.
6.Your doctor may also order this test as a part of a diagnostic evaluation and or routine check up.
Shedule an appointment and pay online
Bring confirmation number a long with Photo ID to our location
View result online by logging in to your Account